We may not think of our skin as an organ, in fact the human skin the largest organ we have. It weights an average of 3.6 KG which covers about 2 square meters.
The skin does not only serve to protect but also connects us with the outside world. At birth our skin is soft and supple, but as we get older our skin loses its ability to retain moisture and the dermis loses its elasticity.
Sun exposure and smoking are factors that accelerate skin-cell aging. Skin care is vital because an unhealthy skin can cause wrinkles, rash, sores and acne. We have listed some tips for you, to help you with your largest organ.
- Tip #1: Sun is good but only in moderation. Otherwise the sun will burn your shit. Protect yourself from the sun; you do that with proper sunscreen (duh).
- Tip #2: Don’t smoke! Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layer of skin. This will decrease the blood flow, depleting the skin from nutrients that are important to skin health. (If you must smoke chuck those pansy cigarettes and keep it at cigars)
- Tip #3: Treat your skin gently by limiting bath time, hot water and long showers or baths remove oils from your skin. If you skin feels dry use a moisturizer that fits your skin. A real man can take the cold!
- Tip #4: Eat healthy, so fruits, vegetables and grains.
- Tip #5: Manage your stress, uncontrolled stress triggers acne.
Ignore these tips if you are going for that weathered Clint Eastwood look.