If any of you are even a little like me you have looked in your wardrobe, which is a complete shambles, and thought I really gotta sort that shit out..tomorrow. Well here are some steps to get it done today.
Let's start off with the most painful stage and get her done; tossing out unneeded clothing.
- Single out anything that you have not worn for over a year and if you're feeling confident start binning shit.
- Then take anything that doesn't fit, that you don't wear or is just plain ugly and get rid of it.
- If you find it difficult to get rid of stuff, take the offending items and store them away in another room or wherever. Outta sight, outta mind and outta your closet.
There that wasn't to difficult now was it? Your ugly ass clothes are gone and your favourite hand knitted, ill fitted and generally scratchy sweater from your great aunt is stored safely away where you don't need to look at it.
Next let's take a look at how your clothes fit. Having your clothes fit you properly is the single most important thing you can do to improve appearance and sense of style.
- Know your size and find a friendly tailor. Having your clothing fitted to suit your body makes an enormous difference!
- Generally if you look in the mirror and your reaction is anything but "damn, this looks good on me" go to your tailor.
- When you first purchase something have the store make sure it is tailored to fit you, many shops offer this service for a small fee.
A good tailor is worth his weight in gold, keep him in business and he will keep you comfortably looking your best.
Lastly let's give some attention to the most kicked about item of dress; your shoes. Bad shoes = bad impression.
- Re-sole and polish your shoes if needed. This makes your shoes go from zero to hero in no time.
- Get the best shoes you can buy. A well made pair of shoes will last you years of everyday wear and is well worth the investment.
If you think spending a pretty penny on shoes is a bit much consider this; for something that you wear and walk on nearly every day through all conditions for months, maybe years, on end you really do get your moneys worth.