Unfortunately most men are not born with the power to remove the onslaught of various stains brought on by leading the manly man life. It doesn't matter how careful you are , whether at home, work or fancy restaurant, your clothes will find a way to stain. And because stained clothing don’t do too well with the ladies and we want our clothing to last it is important to know how to remove the everyday stain.
In short; if you want to be a real man it is essential to know how to deal with stains.
Here is a guide to effectively remove stains with the use of products you should already have about the house.
Note: after treating a stain you should wash the article of clothing as usual.
Need: vinegar, peroxide, baking soda
- If the clothing can be washed directly a normal wash should suffice.
- You could also first treat it with a small amount of baking soda or vinegar on a wet cloth as a precaution before washing.
- If this doesn't work and the clothing is white, mix one part peroxide with a little dish soap, submerse in the solution and then wring it out.
Need: detergent, stain remover
- first mix some water with detergent and soak a cloth in it.
- Dab and rub the cloth on the stain until the stain becomes lighter in colour.
- Then treat lightly with some stain remover.
- Let this soak in for a couple of minutes and then wash as usual. Repeat if necessary.
Need: liquid detergent, turpentine, hot water
- First and foremost it is important to remove excess oil with a spoon.
- Then wet the stain with hot water and liquid detergent.
- Dab the stain with a water/turpentine mixture and then chuck it in the wash.
Need: stain remover, detergent, bleach
- Wet the stain with stain remover and leave it for 5 minutes.
- then chuck it in the wash with a small amount of bleach. (make sure to test a small inconspicuous spot of the clothing first to make sure it will not damage your clothing)
Note: if the stain is still visible do not put it in the drier! Let it dry shortly and repeat the method.
Need: hairspray, (dish) detergent, white vinegar
- spray some hairspray to loosen the stain.
- let the clothing soak for 30 minutes in a mixture of warm water, half a spoon of liquid (dish)detergent and one spoon of white vinegar.
- rinse the clothing with water and let it dry.
Need: salt, detergent
- To remove wine-stains as effectively as possible you need to act fast.
- When the stain is still damp pour cold water over the stain, cover it with salt and let it set.
- Then wash the salt off and apply some liquid detergent, let this soak in for a few more minutes and then rub the stain with water. Finally throw it in the wash as usual.
No Pain, No Stain
Now that you know the basics of stain removal you can continue your manly life carefree and unbothered by such little things as stains on your clothing.